Join our team! We are currently hiring for Snow Removal Technicians in our Calgary and Red Deer locations.
Earth Smart Property Solutions is locally owned and operated and has been serving the Calgary, Red Deer and surrounding areas since 1994. We service residential, acreage and commercial clients. Our service portfolio includes lawn fertilization, weed control, vegetation control, tree and shrub deep root fertilization, seasonal clean ups, mowing, permanent lighting, snow & ice management and more.
Snow Removal Technician (Calgary & Red Deer)
We are currently recruiting for Snow Removal Technicians for the winter snow and ice management season from November to April with the opportunity for future employment throughout our busy lawn care season from April to October.
The Snow Removal Technician is responsible for providing outstanding snow removal services to residential and commercial clients.
For the right applicant, this position has the opportunity to evolve into a full-time position.
- Shoveling snow manually
- Chipping ice as required
- Applying ice melt/gravel as required
- Operating a variety of mechanical equipment such as snow blowers/sidewalk sweepers
- Ensuring work is completed in the most time-efficient manner
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, including worksites and equipment
- Working as a member of the team to get the job done properly and efficiently
- Maintaining assigned equipment and notifying supervisor of repairs required in a timely manner
- Other duties as required and/or assigned by supervisor
- Comprehensive paid training
- PPE if required
- Clean and safe work environment
- Positive and enjoyable work environment
- Competitive wage
- Experience in providing snow removal services is preferred
- Experience with snow equipment preferred (snow blowers/sidewalk sweepers)
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and excellent team skills
- Must be physically fit and comfortable working outdoors during the cold season
- Flexibility to be available when required, Monday to Sunday, on short notice, and ability to start early (6:00 am)
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends during snow events
- Must have your own transportation to and from the shop as there is limited transit service
- Ability to drive a truck with trailer is an asset
- Ability to communicate with customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong sense of accountability and punctuality skills
- Ability to take direction and complete paperwork properly
- High School Diploma
* Starting wage ranges from $17 to $22+ per hour, depending on your experience, attitude and skills.
Thank you for your interest in joining Earth Smart Property Solutions and for applying to work for our company. Only those selected to advance to the interview process will be contacted.
Please email your resume to email@example.com by November 13, 2022. There may be opportunities throughout the snow season, so if you are interested in working for our company, please email us your resume to keep on file.