Earth Smart Property Solutions is a year-round property solutions provider. We are currently recruiting for a Snow Plow Operator for the winter snow and ice management season from November 1 to April 15 (approximately) in Calgary.
This position is responsible for providing outstanding snow removal services to residential and commercial clients.
- Plowing and sanding assigned parking lots as required
- Ensuring work is completed in the most time-efficient manner
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, including worksite and equipment
- Working as a member of the team to get the job done properly and efficiently
- Maintaining assigned equipment and notifying supervisor of repairs required in a timely manner
- Assisting snow removal technicians if time permits, to get the job done
- Other duties as required and/or assigned by supervisor
- Use of 1 tonne truck and plow
- Comprehensive paid training
- PPE if required
- Clean and safe work environment
- Positive and enjoyable work environment
- Competitive wage and incentives
- 1 year experience in providing snow plowing services
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Able to maintain sites
- Must be available any time it snows.
- Flexibility to be available when required, Monday to Sunday, on short notice, and ability to start early
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends during snow events
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and excellent team skills
- Must have your own transportation to and from the shop as there is limited transit service
- Ability to drive a truck with trailer is an asset
- Experience with additional snow equipment preferred (snow blowers/sidewalk sweepers)
- Ability to communicate with customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong sense of accountability and punctuality skills
- Ability to take direction and complete paperwork properly
- High School Diploma
Wages and Bonus Programs:
* Biweekly guaranteed base salary and/or starting wage from $25 per hour, depending on your experience, attitude and skills
This position has the opportunity to evolve into a full-time position, providing tree and lawn care services from April to October, and snow removal services from November to March.
Please apply by October 31.
Thank you for your interest in joining Earth Smart Property Solutions and for applying to work for our company. Only those selected to advance to the interview process will be contacted.
Expected start date is approximately November 1st.