When hiring snow removal companies, people often have various questions to ensure they understand the services, costs, and procedures involved.
When we first started offering snow removal services in the Red Deer and Calgary areas, we created a list of FAQ (frequently asked questions) which you can peruse on our website here.
If you are looking to hire a snow removal company for yourself or a loved one, for your convenience, we have since compiled a more comprehensive list of questions that we are frequently asked by individuals looking to hire snow removal services, which we have included below:
What services does your snow removal company offer?
- We offer monthly programs which include clearing of snow within 24 hours of a snowfall. We offer 4 programs which range from Basic to All Inclusive. Our Basic Program includes clearing snow from your front sidewalk, the walk up to your house and stairs up to the front door. Our All Inclusive Program includes what is included in the Basic Program plus your: driveway (up to 600 sq. ft. edge to edge down to pavement); back, side and rear walk; and deck/patio (up to 300 sq. ft.). See current pricing here.
- We also offer the following services which can be added to any of our monthly programs (if not already included in it) or which can be booked as a one-time or emergency service:
- Driveway Clearing (up to 600 sq. ft. Ex: a 20’ x 30’ driveway)
- Back/Side/Rear Walk Clearing
- Deck/Patio Clearing (up to 300 sq. ft.)
- Corner Lot (Up to 180’)
- Ice melt* application if Winter Snow Removal Program is booked
- One-time/emergency ice melt* application
- One-time/emergency sidewalk clearing available
- One-time/emergency ice chipping available
- Vacation Sidewalk Clearing
- Acreage Snow Removal
- See current pricing here.
Do you offer residential or commercial snow removal services?
- We offer both residential and commercial snow removal services.
- Our commercial snow removal services include:
- Monthly Pedestrian Snow Removal Programs
- Snow Plowing and Sanding
- Sanding (without Plowing)
- Loading and Hauling Snow
- Learn more about the Commercial Snow Removal Services that we offer in the Red Deer and Calgary areas here.
How is your pricing structured?
- Our monthly programs are based on driveways up to 600 sq. ft. and decks/patios up to 300 sq. ft. If you have a corner lot or larger driveway, deck or patio than what is included, then there will be an additional charge. Please call your local office if you have questions.
- One-time or emergency services are charged based on frequency of service, size and time it takes to complete.
Are there any additional fees or hidden costs?
- Please note that ice melt is an additional cost for the product. When a monthly program is booked, the time to apply is included but we charge you for the amount of ice melt applied per square foot.
What is your snow removal process during a storm?
- During a continuous snow fall, our crews will do their absolute best to visit your site once per day. If snow keeps falling after our site visit, they will return the next day. For extremely heavy snow fall events, service time may vary, understandably, depending on the amount of snow fall, road conditions, etc. Typically our crew comes out once the snow ends. For continuous snow fall events we will try to come out during the snow event to stay on top of it.
Do you have contracts or seasonal agreements?
- We offer season long contracts, from November 1 to March 31, and one-time services.
- We also offer vacation snow removal clearing for shorter time periods.
What equipment do you use for snow removal?
- We use snowplows, shovels, backpack blowers and snow blowers. In Red Deer we also utilize a tractor.
Is there a minimum amount of snow required for service?
- If there is a trace of snow, we will provide pedestrian snow removal services.
- For plowing, yes, there is a minimum snow accumulation threshold of 2 cm, unless otherwise requested.
How is ice management handled?
- We apply ice melt at client’s request.
What is your liability insurance coverage?
- We carry a $5 million commercial liability coverage.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Typically our winter snow removal programs run from November 1 to March 31. However, if circumstances change and you need to cancel services (moving/change of address, illness or some other unforeseen circumstance), give your local office a call.
Can I customize the snow removal services based on my needs?
- Yes you can. Please call your local office to discuss your needs and we will see what we can do.
What is your communication protocol during a storm or inclement weather?
- If you have any questions during a storm or inclement weather, please call your local office and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have such as providing an update on service progress.
How do I contact you in case of an emergency or issues with the service?
- At Earth Smart Property Solutions the best way to contact us and get an answer right away is via phone. Please call your local office and we will help you as quickly as possible.
Please contact your local office if you have any additional questions on our snow removal services.
Please note that not all services may be available in the noted service areas.